easypod® is an automated drug delivery device for Saizen® (somatropin) for injection. easypod® automatically inserts a needle and delivers a preset dose of Saizen®. It is the first of its kind for growth hormone (GH) delivery and is intended for use with Saizen® 8.8 mg cartridges.
Automated Dose Delivery
- Autoinject delivery hides needle before, during, and after injection
- Skin Sensor may help with injection technique
- Preset dosing means no daily dose dialing
- Dosage-adjustment feature designed to minimize waste of cartridge contents
- Shows history of injected and missed doses
- Shows how much medicine is left in the cartridge so patients know when it’s time to change cartridge
- Adjustable comfort settings:
- Injection depth
- Injection speed
- Needle speed
- Injection time
Initial configuration of these settings will be done by your healthcare professional. Plus, your physician or a nurse will provide training to show you how to adjust the comfort settings. The Connections for Growth® team will be available to provide additional support throughout the course of treatment.
How to use easypod®
easypod® should only be used according to the instruction manual and only after proper training from a healthcare provider. For children, an adult should supervise the use of easypod®.
Prepare Saizen® (somatropin) for injection for Use With easypod®
Prior to injection with the easypod® device, Saizen® (somatropin) for injection must be reconstituted with either click.easy® or saizenprep®, whichever your doctor prescribes. Download the quickguides below to see how they work.
IMPORTANT DEVICE RISK INFORMATION
easypod® should only be used according to the instruction manual and only after proper training from a healthcare provider. For children, an adult should supervise the use of easypod®. Local reactions at the injection site (such as pain, numbness, redness and swelling) may occur